Sways Bars....Not good? (longish)

I just got an email from a good friend of mine who works for Toyota
Motorsport in Germany.  He drive's a Celica (All-Trac Turbo) and I have
been corresponding with him regarding the suspension for my car.
Basically he pointed out that the only advantage of sway bars is that
turn in response is better.  As far as handling is concerned they make
it worse because the bars transfer more weight to the outside wheels in
turns.  The suspension he is running on his car which was specifically
built and designed by Toyota Motorsport runs with the stock swaybars.
Which (he mentioned) are not all that stiff.  A lot of the turnin
response has been increase by the better springs and shocks.  So what do
you all think?  This kind of reminds of the Shine Setup.  They only
upgrade the rear swaybar.  But that is also bad because one day when you
aren't paying attention you're rear end will decide to swap ends with
the front.  Opinions?

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
http://jetta.aosi.net