Funny Excerpt about VW, Acura, etc...

Every once in a while, you run across a gem that is just too hilarious on
the net and you have to pass it on. I do not recall the original author,
perhaps it was off the GTI-VR6 mailing list. (Feel free to forward it to
that list, if you read both, as I do not). The e-mail in question was in
regards to wheel locks for the GTI or Golf.

Here it is:

- -----

>   VWs don't come with wheel locks.  You'd have to buy them separately.
>   VW doesn't make wheel locks.  The ones I bought from the dealer's

Mine came in a package that said something like "Wheellokinstein
for Volksvagen nein throwawayein oryoullbe fuckenstein uber the Rheinen
nein paddlestein" and had the VW and Audi logo all over it ( the box not
the wheel lock ).

- -----

Tangentially, this reminds me of an Acura commercial that was running back
about 5 years ago or so. Picture a small German town, where several
"Aryan-looking" gentlemen are sitting down outside a sidewalk cafe,
enjoying gourmet fine pressed coffee, when this Acura gracefully comes
driving down the road.

The German men's conversation, which may have to do something with how many
French Francs one could get for a Deutchsmark, suddenly shifts to the
vehicle that just drove by.

"Hans":		"Das ist ein Deutches auto?!??!?"

"Franz":	"Nein. <Acura>!"

Where <Acura> is not how a German would say it with a german accent, but an
AMERICAN would ("ah-cure-uh").

Now, these ads ran in the United States (not Germany) during the "Buy
American, not Japanese" phase, and the obvious implication is "Hey, look,
'Acura' is an American car". To do it justice, they could have just said
"Acura" like a german would say "Acura", or to be totally honest, they
should have grunted it out like a severely constipated Samurai warrior with
a bad case of hemmorhoids. How about some truth in advertising? :-)

Speaking of advertising, there should be a law that advertisers must buy
the products they use in advertisements from a retail store. Have you seen
those Burger King ads on TV where the burger looks like a work of ART? What
if they were required by law to buy just any ordinary Whopper from just any
ordinary Burger King from just any ordinary under-paid 16-year-old
pimply-faced-burger-joint kid?

- -K