Re: VR6 oil leaks:[Was] Synthetic trans oil

ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: Re[2]: Synthetic trans oil
>
> The oil cooler leak is not uncommon, had that problem too, all they needed to do
> was remove, replace the gasket, and re-install.
>
> andy
>
> PS. if anything is worng with your GLX it's probably already happened to me.
>
> trany re-build at 30,000, leaky sunroof, replace headlight switch, replace wiper
> swithch 2X, replace interior fan switch, re-install steering shaft, replace
> airbag steering wheel contacts, replace steering wheel horn contacts, replace
> power door lock pump, replace main wiring harness, replace alternator wiring
> harness, replace spark plug wires, oil cooler leak, airconditioning leak repair
> and re-fill, mysterious rough engine idle, squealing clutch, replace alarm
> switch, occasionally stalling, ignition switch replaced.
>
> What do I have to look forward to next?

> Subject: Re[2]: Synthetic trans oil
> Author:  Non-HP-MASCC02.SQUIER01 (MASCC02.SQUIER01@SSW.ALCOA.COM) at
> HP-PaloAlto,shargw6
> Date:    10/1/97 1:22 PM
>

>      Only troubles we've had have been remedied by warranty (either factory
>      or our Masterguard plan). We've had an oil leak for a little while.
>      Dealer tightened all the oil pan bolts.
>
>      >>Still leaks. I initially thought it was the oil seal around the
>      >>water/oil cooler.
>
>       (Dealer did too) Next time they will be doing the seal like they
>      should have done the first time...
>

>      Cheers
>      Craig

You didn't mention brakes.  I really hate to chime in but my 97 GLX
spent it's first three days in the dealers service dept because both the
brake light and ABS light burned constantly.  Had to replace the ABS
module "twice" and replace dash lights oddly enough.