Re: GLX sales in 1997

Vojin Janjic said:

>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:45:36 -0600
>From: Vojin Janjic <vjanjic@mail.state.tn.us>
>Subject: GLX sales in 1997
>
>Hi everyone
>
>Yesterday I stopped by the local VW dealership to take a look at the new
>Passat.  They did not have any on the lot, and are only expecting two (2
>?!?!?) in a near future.  How strange, considering all the marketing hype
>lately.  This is not the first time that I have observed a VERY limited
>availability of VW models on the lots.
>
>Anyway, that was not my point, just an observation.  I picked up new
>brochures and a copy of "VW News", a publication for sales and
>marketing personnel.  Among other statistics, it stated that the highest
>increase in VW vehicle sales for 1997 year was for a Jetta GLX model.
>
>VW sold a total of 3,045 GLXs, which was a - are you ready? - a 77%
>increase when compared to last year!!!
>
>Vojin

Yeah, well around here (Silicon Valley) I see them everyday. Yesterday I
went to the Stanford Shoping center and had four (including the one I was
driving) in sight at the same time. I also saw a Mulberry GTi-VR6 and yet
another GLX on my way home from there.

This is the reason that I replaced my grille and debadged. Now i can pick
my own car out of a line-up. :-)

Jeffrey J. Hoover                                  <mailto:jjh@macdude.com>
<http://www.macdude.com>     MacIS, ACA, USENIX, IFA, ASC, Green Party, BAA