GLX sales in 1997

Hi everyone

Yesterday I stopped by the local VW dealership to take a look at the new
Passat.  They did not have any on the lot, and are only expecting two (2
?!?!?) in a near future.  How strange, considering all the marketing hype
lately.  This is not the first time that I have observed a VERY limited
availability of VW models on the lots.

Anyway, that was not my point, just an observation.  I picked up new
brochures and a copy of "VW News", a publication for sales and
marketing personnel.  Among other statistics, it stated that the highest
increase in VW vehicle sales for 1997 year was for a Jetta GLX model.

VW sold a total of 3,045 GLXs, which was a - are you ready? - a 77%
increase when compared to last year!!!

Vojin