RE: Some Q's about GLX

<<<<
since joinging this list, I am hearing of a few problems that people
have had with their Jettas.  A common one seems to be bad window motors,
or sentral locking.  A lot of friends tell me that owning a Jetta is a
real hit or miss situation.  I would like to hear what you all have to
say about your Jettas?  Is there any horror stories?  Which year should
I stay away from?(if any)

i think it's really hit or miss i had a 95 GLX (built 3/95) 40,000 miles
and had 2 minor problems

1.  door trim peeling off. (got new trim from dealer for free)
2.  exhaust making contact with crossbeam at the mid muffler (fixed when i
had a      custom bent muffler installed)
3.  recall on a fan blade (fixed)

but other than the above i had no problems, i drove the car hard, changed
oil at 10,xxx mile intervals, and no real maintanence other than changing
spark plugs.

mods include hand ported t-body, p-flo, Q-chip, custom exhaust, NS springs.

don