Re: How Do I Become A Car Dealer?

At 01:39 PM 11/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>and possibly for making extra money. What I need to do is get my dealer
>>license from my state (in my case PA). Can anyone help me figure out how to
>>go about doing so and what this costs? Webpages, phone numbers, addresses
>
>I would kind of like to know about this too.  So. . . If anyone out there
>knows anything, post it to the list, or at least to me and George both.
>Thanks.
>
>James Fawcett

If you JUST want to buy a car for yourself, make friends with a small used
car dealer. I have some friends that are just that. They make regular trips
to the auctions and usually pay drivers to bring back cars. If you can
supply a few a freinds to drive their new cars back, or slide your buddy 50
bucks or so, you'll get into these auctions. THIS is much easier and
cheaper than becoming a dealer. We won't even begin to talk about "fleet
insurance," auction membership fees, auction accountability and rules of
conduct, etc.

Good luck!
Thom!