Re: outside temp probe

On May 29,  9:35am, Pete Kjersgard wrote:
> Subject: Re: outside temp probe
> Unfortunately, I have the same problem. :(
> The temp always reads at least 5-6 degrees hotter
> than the actual.
> --Pete

I've noticed the same thing sitting still, but it's a little more accurate when
at speed, and there's wind blowing by it. ...The sensor is under the front
bumper, about a foot off the ground.  When sitting still, the sensor picks up
radiant heat from the engine, as well as heat rising up off the asphalt!  Thus,
high temp readings.  The wind compensates for this a bit...  (On a 90 degree
day, sitting still at a stoplight, my temperature reading climbed as high as
116!  Once I started moving again, it went back down closer to 90.)

My opinion:  It's a neat toy, and if it's a few degrees off, who cares?! ...I'm
concentrating on driving!

Dave
anderson@msai.mea.com