Re: 0-60 in 7.5 sec

I remember an article maybe 2-3 years ago (before R&T changed their format-
maybe one of you librarian types has it stil?!) describing an optimum shift
pattern based entirely on hp&torque curves and calculating the slope/intercept??

Sory, very sketchy...  In all of the performance cars I have driven, I have
found no strict rule based on redline or even gear ratios for max acceleration.
I do think though that if anyone owns one of those g-force calculators that
mount in your car, you could do some spot readings at various rpms/speeds and
make VERY accurate chart (shift points) based on where the acceleration g-forces
diminish.

Enjoy your practice, everyone;-)
Demian
P>S Does anyone know of a registry of BMW 5 series similar to the GLX registry?
The Newsgroups suck!!