RE: 0-60 in 7.5 sec

No, it's not a dumb question.  If you want to accelerate as fast as possible,
you want to shift slightly beyond the engine's maximum horsepower.  For a
stock VR6, the optimum shift point is about 6000 rpm (since the engine peaks
at 5800).  If you are trying 0 to 60 runs, you might want to hold second gear
longer to get the best time since the car will hit 60 in second.  One of the
most important parts of accelerating is your take off.  You don't want to spin
the wheels, or use a street start.  The key is to either bring the car up to
about 3000 rpms and drop the clutch (you might get a slight chirp), or burn
the clutch as you take off.  I advise the first to save wear and tear on your
clutch.

Marc