Euro-headlight switch...

Hi all,

Finally got my Euro headlight switch yesterday, installed it, and wanted to
share with everyone how it went. ...(I've noticed a lot of people saying they
still had daytime-parking-lights, or the "parking brake" light no longer
worked, but I had no problems.  Mine's a '95 GLX, btw.)

It took me about 6 minutes.  I popped out the old healight switch, and plugged
in the new one.  Then, underneath the dash, I popped out the DRL relay (red,
#94, way up at the top of the relay panel).  It came out with some effort.
 Then, popped out the relay in position 10 (Relay #110).  That's the fog-light
relay.  And, popped in the jumper that Timmons VW sent.  (Had spent the night
before looking at the schematic to figure out which two terminals the jumper
would "jump".  But, it only fits in one way, so that's easy enough!)

So now I can have:
no lights
parking lights
parking lights & fog lights
low-beams
low-beams & fog lights
high-beams
high-beams & fog lights

Plus, my "brake" light on my dash still comes on when I pull up the parking
brake.

...and FINALLY - I won't be riding around with my lights on all the time!

Dave