Re: Newbie Questions

> 2. Again with the stone chips, I was considering some type of film or
> plastic covers for the turn/fog lamps and the headlights. Anybody done
> this?

Well, I bought plastic covers that snap in place over the turn
signal/fog light cluster.  They are easy to remove too.  I had them
spray tinted on the inside except for a circular part right in front of
the fog light.  Looks good and should protect against all but the
largest rocks!

> 4. Anybody take their rear wing off to make cleaning/waxing easier? Is
> this easy to do or is it a PITA?

Wow, sounds like a real PITA!!  I've never even considered this!  But
there's plenty of room to get the wax applicator under there, so I don't
see a reason!  I guess you COULD take it off and then put a big
Supra-style wing on.  Then, plenty of space to get under there! :-)

- --
John Zydell
'96 black Jetta GLX 5-speed
Autothority Chip, tinted side marker lights, tinted fog light covers
(yep, that's them), K&N filter soon, Euro switch soon