Re: Jetta GLX Exhaust: Which one to get?

<<     I've heard the Autotech exhaust and was extremely impressed and it
      would be the one I would buy(all stainless), the fit and finish is
      great and the sound is awsome.  The only 2 things that keep me from
      getting it is the obvious price tag, and the fact that they really
      don't add much HP without doing everthing, ie. headers, new manifold
      and cams.  The stock exhaust is very good but tame in the sound
      department. Let us know what you decide on.
      andy

I have the AutoTech System on my '95 GLX.  I purchased it soon after this
system was introduced.  At the time,  the choices for VR6 were limited.  My
car had a "production change" that replaced the chrome tailpipe with a ugly
bent down tips.  I wanted the look.  My original purchase replaced fromt he
cat back.  At the time, they used a stright pipe in place of the pancake
resonator (they now use a glasspack type here).  The original system was too
loud for my tastes at highway speeds only.  I then put the pancake reasonator
back in, with the rear muffler & tail from AutoTech.  The sound is nearly
quiet as stock.  When funds permit, or the pancake rusts out, I will add the
glass pack in its place.  Any comments on the noise levels of this latest
system with the glasspack?

Steve Mercer