Ignition Survey

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     ignition tumbler; I wanted to ask the whole list if ANYONE has had ANY
     SIMILAR problem related to the ignition tumbler, the keys, the door
     lock tumblers the hatch or the trunk or the interior keyed parts like
     the consoles locking flap?

     If anyone has any info about problems like this please share it with
     the list and or mail responses privately to Andrew or myself.

     ANDREW_ATWELL@HP.com

     chels@wbfa.com

     Much appreciated.  Let's hope it doesn't start happening to everyones
     cars.

     Surgeon Generals Warning!

     Beware of sticky key tumblers. They will eventually fail.

     Symptoms:       Key will not turn in ignition?

     Key turns but Car will not start?

     Key turns only to "on " position, then sticks.

     Key stuck in ignition with car running?

     Key stuck in door lock?

     Key tumbler pulls out of the door handle?

     Key stuck in the door handle tumbler?

     All the above IGNITION tumbler problems happened to my  '95 GLX, and
     at least 2 others that we know of. It's fun to sit in your beloved
     wheels and play with the key for 10 minutes trying to start the car so
     you can drive it (not tow it) to the dealer. I had to have EVERY
     tumbler on my GLX replaced so the keys would match. Mine was under
     warranty.

     If it's not covered under warranty, look to spend in excess of 300
     bucks for the ignition work alone and then carry two nearly identical
     keys one for the doors and one for the ignition.

     Please respond to help Andrew and others with the similar symptoms
     prove they are not alone out there.

     -HELS