Re: Hello!

Mark Radelow wrote:

> Hey everyone...My name is Mark and I am just writing to say hello and
> mention that I am picking up my brand new '97 white jetta glx
> tomorrow.
> I also got a question, anyone have experiences with the BOSE stereo?
> Mine is coming with it and I am wondering if I should a.)buy a changer
>
> for it or b.) wait and install my quart speakers and amp and eclipse
> deck...How is the sound on it?  I am a bit of an audiophile but I am
> not
> prepared to rip open the side of my doors and trunk to put my box in
> there...Also I am wondering if I got a good price:
>
> White GLX with 21 miles on it
> Beige Leather
> Bose Stereo
> Floor Mats
> _LIFETIME_ oil, filter, lube, and washes
>
> all for $21,183 (incl. destination fee)
> not including tax, license, docs, and smog
>
> Thanks for your input!

   Heck, I paid $28,000 for mine and its worth every penny. Down here in
Puerto Rico we pay very high import taxes on cars, so it always hurts a
little to hear how much people paid for the same car in the states.
About the Bose System:
The PanasonicCX-DF601 is completely compatible with the Bose Music
System head unit that comes in the VW Jetta GLX's '97. All you need to
do is hook it up via the VW-PAN cable made by Precision Interface
Electronics:
(800)526-8590. They also make similar converters for other car
manufacturers and CD-Changers. The whole thing ran me $280! instead of
the $800 the dealer wanted me to spend for their CD-Changer (made by
Panasonic for VW) and the system sounds great!
Also, you might like to check out an old article in Motor Trend. On page
128 of the May '96 Issue, there is an article on the installation of CD
changers to work with stock audio systems.
        It involved the aforementioned cable from P.I.E..  In the case
of
the article a shop installed a Panasonic CX-DP600 six disc
changer to a '96 Jetta GLX's system. It also allowed them to install a
Sony XM C-2000 crossover / amplifier and an SAS Bazooka T-62 subwoofer.
They said the
system can be done without the subwoofer and increase the output of the
stock system w/o replacing speakers.
i.e.: there is no reason to change the stock system.
Hope this helps out!
Etienne Totti
San Juan, Puerto Rico