Re: Driver's Ed

>>Second, I'm in Rochester, NY and besides Watkin's Glen, anyone know
where I
> can go to learn how to better my driving skills and actually drive my
> car
> to its potential legally? <g>

There is a traveling performance driver's school called Car Guys of
Roanoke, VA that teaches accident avoidance manuvers on large parking
lots.  They have a skid car that is supported in a hydraulic frame that
pushes the corners up to break traction to simulate skids.  Think they
advertise in R&T, C and D, etc.
There is also the BMW CCA which offers Drivers' and Highway Safety
schools at the major tracks for under $150/day, much less than the Skip
Barber drivers' schools.  Check their site at www.bmwcca.org
I've done about 2 of the BMW schools a year since '92 at Summit Point,
WV and am going to NH Int. Raceway the week of the 20th.  You can
usually go just to watch or even help flag a corner, good experience to
see what everyone else including the instructors are doing.

Gary Lin
Burke, VA