Back to heated seats for a sec...

Folks:

I've noticed that my heated seats are not all that hot.  Even on 5, I can
barely tell they are on at all.  I wasn't even sure that they were working so I
turned on the passenger side with no one sitting there, waited a few minutes
and checked the seat (it was below freezing outside).  Yes, the seat heat was
on, but wasn't anything to brag about.  Does anyone else have this "problem" or
is this just the way they are.  I ride in my brother's BMW and when the seat
heat is on, you KNOW it!  Of course, this is pretty subjective, but your inputs
would be much appreciated.

Tom Barrett
97 Jetta GLX, black w/ beige leather and
Lukewarm seats