Re: Headlights and Foglights at Night

On 12/29/97 9:05AM, in message <34A7D867.2AE6AB6F@mail.kersur.net>, Bob Tillman
<btillman@mail.kersur.net> wrote:

> Another dissenting opinion: if I'm not mistaken the Hella dual rounds have
> a very sharp cutoff like most Euro-spec lighting systems (and our factory
> fog lights).  When properly adjusted they should dazzle oncoming drivers
> _less_ than US-spec "fuzzy" cut-off lighting.  I'm going to order some
> Hellas as soon as my profit-sharing check comes in...

I've got 'em, and yep, they have the VERY sharp cutoff (at an angle) at the top.  I just
rode in my bro's '98 Mercedes and they have an identical pattern - good to see
euro-type lighting on a US-spec car!!

Properly aimed, you can point these suckers further down the road but still keep them
out of the line of sight of oncoming traffic.  The lights on bro's car are also aimed
considerably offcenter, towards the right, and somewhat higher than I have mine
currently aimed.  I'm gonna do the same to mine as soon as I decide I want to monkey
with the damn grille again (a real PITA)....

Get the Hellas, you will NOT be disappointed.  They are NOT strictly a cosmetic
upgrade, in fact I'd say they're much more of a functional upgrade first, cosmetic
change second.

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@pacbell.net