Re: HoresPower and Torque

At 06:46 AM 12/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a question. If a VR6 has 172 Hp Stock, and a VTEC has 192 Hp Stock.
Who
>is the faster car? Being that the VR6 is a V6 with more torque? Just
wondering..

	Actually, weight and gearing also come into play here.  I don't know what
the weight of the Prelude is, but the first thing to look at is the
power/weight ratio.  I have a 80 hp Suzuki motorcycle that will wipe 911
Turbos off the map, so a pure power measurement can be misleading.
	Secondly, is the gearing. ( how does the car put that power to the
ground?)  A car that is geared for top speed might not be the quickest
thing in acceleration and vice versa.
	Consult your nearest car rag for the 0-60 and 1/4 mi. times.  I'm sure
it's not the answer you were looking for, but there are many factors
involved in determining what "fast" is.

						Dave