Re[2]: Northwest, Jan 24th Get-Together

Scott,

Bad news.. They do do Rice Burner Shit.. Sadly, I saw a Accord there.. Getting a
Intake..

Subject: Re: Northwest, Jan 24th Get-Together
Author: owner-gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
Date:  12/19/97 4:02 AM

     SpeedWare is THE speed shop. The do serious quality work. I've been
there on two occasions when they were working on two different Ferrari
Maranellos. With Microsoft so close, all the performance people with
Lotuses, Ferraris, BMWs, etc. bring their stuff to SpeedWare. If we
wanted to meet there, they have held club meetings there. The clubs were
unaffiliated with the store and the store gave them the space for free,
even after hours. I've seen BMW, Alfa, and Porsche clubs meet there.
Could be a good spot to meet possibly. The prices are standard to
high-end, but you get what you pay for. I've never seen a cleaner
workshop in my life. Bottom line: If you make the trip to Washington and
don't go to Speedware you are a fool and should be laughed at. They only
do euro too, so none of that rice-burner shit is there. ONLY PERFORMANCE.
The owner is an ex-pro race car driver too.
um... ok I'm done now.

scott

>> yo!
>>
>> i apparently came into this conversation late. Whats up with the get
>> together on the 24th?
>> Gimme the details!
>>

>Scott,
>
>No location yet, just a date.  Someone needs to come up with a good
>location.  I'm in Vancouver, BC and don't know Washington all that
>well so I can't make any suggestions.  Hopefully I'll get a chance
>to pass through Redmond on the trip and check out SpeedWare.  You
>checked them out yet?  Impressions?  Prices?  Quality of work?
>(sorry to get carried away with the questions)
>
>Cheers,
>
>---
>Jeff Newton
>06/97 Jetta GLX
- --
For info on: how to subscribe & unsubscribe, the list's mailing errors,
    list archive, etc.  see:   http://www.panix.com/~aqn/gti_vr6_list/