Re: A3 Dash Button? and South African Jetta VR6

On Thu, Dec 18, 1997 at 12:19:30AM -0500, George Achorn wrote:
> 2. Keyless Entry Keyfob - This has to be the coolest looking VW keyfob in
> existence. See the Jetta interior section and thumb through the pictures.
> It is what looks like brushed aluminum with slightly overlapping rounded
> buttons. I like the look, and it would probably wear better than my plastic
> US spec one.

This is completely unrelated to the SA VW site, but...

WHO IS THE COMPLETE F*CKING MORON THAT DESIGNED THE KEYLESS ENTRY THINGY?

Specifically, the "panic" button.  It's the biggest and easiest to hit thing
on the device, and I've set it off by accident at least half a dozen times
in the 2 weeks I've had the car.  It's embarassing, and disapointing that
no one notices anyway.

The damn thing is in just the right place to be hit by other keys on the ring,
or other things in my pocket.  It's really embarassing to be walking away from
the car, and it suddendly starts honking.  I've even set it off from inside
a building, and thought "Gee, I wonder when the idiot who ownes that car
will go and turn it off?".

I've thought about doing some surgery to the thing to remove the switch,
but I kinda hate to eleminate the function entirely, and can these things
be replaced?

- --
     /// Stefan Hudson <hudson@mbay.net>
__  /// Senior Network Administrator - Monterey Bay Internet
\\\/// http://www.mbay.net/  -  Email: info@mbay.net
 \XX/ Voice: 408-642-6100  Fax: 408-642-6101  Modem: 408-642-6102