RE: Where's the key?

> Can't *find* it or can't *fit* it? I *found* my key underneath the
donut
> spare in the trunk. It *fit* on the lock-nut just fine, after I
figured
> out how to get that damn plastic cap off (two words: needle nose).

This is SO true.  I painted my calipers a few weeks back and the most
difficult part was figuring out how to get the plastic caps off.  It
was the first time I'd ever tried to remove the wheel.  After about
10 minutes of screwing around and cursing, I figured there HAD to be
a tool.  Sure enough, in the jack bag, was the cap tool and wheel
lock key.

Everyone should break out the jack and try removing a wheel.  Think of
it as practicing for a breakdown, should it ever happen.  I'm glad I
learned to do it before I end up on the shoulder in the dark with a
sick VW!

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton