Driving Pleasure

	A few weeks back I drove my girlfriend up to Lancaster/Palmdale
(Edwards Air Force Base) from San Diego.  Hwy 15 is a fast freeway with
gentle curves and some long straightaways.  At one point I asked her how
fast she thought we were going and she said 85.  Nope, 125!  Now, it was
at night so the visual ques weren't present and all she really had to go
on was the feel of the car (the radio blocked out most of the wind
noise).   This made me happy.   We joked about her 95 5ohhhhh and the
speed sensitive whistle produced from the rear spoiler - which is a real
bummer on road trips.  I guess there's something to be said for autobahn
styled engineering.
	The new tires greatly enhanced my perceived road grip and I felt
perfectly in control at this speed, whereas with the stock GAs things
were sketchy at best.  Also, I remember my pre-chip days when it seemed
to be a game of momentum  to get up to those speeds, but now I have
noticable pull at 100+ over the same stretches of road.

Happy Motoring!
- -Rob
97 Vento VR6
Garrett Chip