Blaupunkt Aspen Install

- --------------45A655A0EFB7C8CDEA34AA2B

Hey, if anyone replies to the original message below, please change the Subject line to something
more appropriate like about.  I goofed.

Thanks,

Joe

S. Joseph Mann wrote:

> Stereo Info,
>
> Everything was bought from Crutchfield and installed by me.  They provided
> the wiring harness / adapter and the antenna adapter at no cost with the
> head unit.  No wires were cut. I could install the factory unit in minutes
> if I had to.  They also provided detailed directions with graphics for the
> installation in a Jetta.
>
> Blaupunkt Aspen
> http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80103&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX
>
> Blaupunkt CDC-A05 10-disc CD changer
> http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80301&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX
>
> Blaupunkt RC-06H Wireless remote control
> http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80252&store=7
>
> I'm will probably pick up a Thummer wireless remote after the holidays...
>
> "Thummer" Wireless steering wheel remote control
> http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80251&store=7
>
> >how's it sound?
>
> Much better. The stats on this unit compared to the factory are like night
> and day.  The Bass range could be better, but that's a limitation of the
> factory speakers.  During the install I ran a pair of line level cables
> with an amp lead to the trunk so that I can install a couple of older
> Infinity Kappa 65MB (6.5 in woofers) to the rear deck.  I've got a kenwood
> sub amp and I will be running the woofers in series(?). This will cause
> this setup to run at 2 ohms and increase the amps out put by something like
> 60% to 70% of its normal 4 ohm output.  Both, the speakers and amp are
> rated for 2 ohms.  Depending on the mix of sound I get from the factory and
> woofer mix, I may add bass blockers to the factory woofers. My biggest
> problem is where to put the amp.  For those of you who are wondering why I
> don't go with something like a 10" sub enclosure, all I can say is that one
> of the things I love about this car is it's truck.  Besides, I lost the
> desire to piss off my neighborhood years ago.  I swear, every time I hear
> one of these punks cruse buy my house, when I'm laying in bed trying to
> sleep, with their stereo cranked and my windows rattling, I want to take my
> roommate's Browning Boss 30.06 with sniper scope and take him out from
> about 200 yards. This is Texas ya know! :-)
>
> > i assume you have the bose package.
> Nope,  just the Premium Package.
>
> > how'd the install go?
> Time consuming, but relatively smooth.  I pick up some flex tubing for the
> wires. It just made things cleaner. The wiring adapter harness from
> Crutchfield helped too.  Like I said earlier I didn't cut a single factory
> wire.  There's a nice wire trough along the bottom of the driver's side
> door that runs the length of the doors. It came in quite handy.
>
> >does it look ok?
> Looks Great!  The Blaupunkts, I think, matched the interior more closely
> [...]

<HTML>
Hey, if anyone replies to the original message below, please change the
Subject line to something more appropriate like about.&nbsp; I goofed.

<P>Thanks,

<P>Joe
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>S. Joseph Mann wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Stereo Info,

<P>Everything was bought from Crutchfield and installed by me.&nbsp; They
provided
<BR>the wiring harness / adapter and the antenna adapter at no cost with
the
<BR>head unit.&nbsp; No wires were cut. I could install the factory unit
in minutes
<BR>if I had to.&nbsp; They also provided detailed directions with graphics
for the
<BR>installation in a Jetta.

<P>Blaupunkt Aspen
<BR><A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80103&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX">http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80103&amp;store=7&amp;sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX</A>

<P>Blaupunkt CDC-A05 10-disc CD changer
<BR><A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80301&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX">http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80301&amp;store=7&amp;sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX</A>

<P>Blaupunkt RC-06H Wireless remote control
<BR><A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80252&store=7">http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80252&amp;store=7</A>

<P>I'm will probably pick up a Thummer wireless remote after the holidays...

<P>"Thummer" Wireless steering wheel remote control
<BR><A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80251&store=7">http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80251&amp;store=7</A>

<P>>how's it sound?

<P>Much better. The stats on this unit compared to the factory are like
night
<BR>and day.&nbsp; The Bass range could be better, but that's a limitation
of the
<BR>factory speakers.&nbsp; During the install I ran a pair of line level
cables
<BR>with an amp lead to the trunk so that I can install a couple of older
<BR>Infinity Kappa 65MB (6.5 in woofers) to the rear deck.&nbsp; I've got
a kenwood
<BR>sub amp and I will be running the woofers in series(?). This will cause
<BR>this setup to run at 2 ohms and increase the amps out put by something
like
<BR>60% to 70% of its normal 4 ohm output.&nbsp; Both, the speakers and
amp are
<BR>rated for 2 ohms.&nbsp; Depending on the mix of sound I get from the
factory and
<BR>woofer mix, I may add bass blockers to the factory woofers. My biggest
<BR>problem is where to put the amp.&nbsp; For those of you who are wondering
why I
<BR>don't go with something like a 10" sub enclosure, all I can say is
that one
<BR>of the things I love about this car is it's truck.&nbsp; Besides, I
lost the
<BR>desire to piss off my neighborhood years ago.&nbsp; I swear, every
time I hear
<BR>one of these punks cruse buy my house, when I'm laying in bed trying
<BR>sleep, with their stereo cranked and my windows rattling, I want to
take my
<BR>roommate's Browning Boss 30.06 with sniper scope and take him out from
<BR>about 200 yards. This is Texas ya know! :-)

<P>> i assume you have the bose package.
<BR>Nope,&nbsp; just the Premium Package.

<P>> how'd the install go?
<BR>Time consuming, but relatively smooth.&nbsp; I pick up some flex tubing
for the
<BR>wires. It just made things cleaner. The wiring adapter harness from
<BR>Crutchfield helped too.&nbsp; Like I said earlier I didn't cut a single
factory
<BR>wire.&nbsp; There's a nice wire trough along the bottom of the driver's
side
<BR>door that runs the length of the doors. It came in quite handy.

<P>>does it look ok?
<BR>Looks Great!&nbsp; The Blaupunkts, I think, matched the interior more
closely
<BR>than any other head unit I've seen. I'm a big fan of a clean look and
<BR>didn't want a head unit that would "stick out" like a sore thumb. The
<BR>stereo's face is made out of black plastic VERY similar to the Jetta's
<BR>dash. I'll see if I have any photos. If not I'll take some tonight.

<P>> are you using the stock cd changer cable? where'd you get the harness?
<BR>No, My 95 GLX didn't have a Changer cable installed.&nbsp; I used the
cable from
<BR>Blaupunkt.

<P>?did you have dyer electronics install it? how'd they do on price? can
they
<BR>bargain?
<BR>Don't know Dyer.

<P>Hey, Zeek, check out the 7 series at Blau's web site.&nbsp; It uses
smartcard
<BR>technology!!
<BR>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://www.blaupunkt.com/">http://www.blaupunkt.com/</A>

<P>&nbsp;Later dudes,

<P>Joe

<P>PS: if anyone has any more questions.&nbsp; you know what to do.

<P>zeek the geek wrote:

<P>> PS:&nbsp; Ya know I finally got my Blaupunkt head unit and changer
installed
<BR>> a couple of months ago and I've got two or three roles of very detailed
<BR>> pictures from the install.&nbsp; If you can use any of them for the
web page
<BR>> let me know.&nbsp; I have a HP scanner and can work up some images
for you.
<BR>>
<BR>> [and so i said...]
<BR>> hey joe, could you tell us a little more about your blau?
<BR>> which model did you chose? (i'm considering the toronto
<BR>> and maybe adding the changer later on...)
<BR>> how's it sound? i assume you have the bose package-
<BR>> work ok with them? how'd the install go- does it look ok?
<BR>> are you using the stock cd changer cable? where'd you
<BR>> get the harness? did you have dyer electronics install it?
<BR>> how'd they do on price? can they bargain?
<BR>>
<BR>> wow- a whole BARRAGE of questions!
<BR>> glad to get that off my chest.
<BR>> thanks in advance.</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------45A655A0EFB7C8CDEA34AA2B--