CD Changer

HELP!!!
What brand of CD changer is used in a 97 Jetta GLX(Bose sound system)?
I don't want to spend $550 with the dealership. they tell me
that they don't know what commerical CD changer I require (my ass).
I've checked with several audio places in town, but their responses vary
greatly.  I was told that my radio was made in Mexico, which also plays
a factor, I guess!!!  I've narrowed down the choices to Clarion and
Panasonic.  Can anyone advise.  Thanks a bunch.  Tom