Re: Speedometer Woes

At 4:21 PM -0800 12/4/97, ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:
>     That's nothing new all the VW VR6's are like that.  I thought I was
>     anal!

I noticed this myself. My buddy has a Corrado VR6, and I think we're going
to get on the freeway, and set our cruise at 65 and see who ends up going
faster.

I test my GLX using the computer while at cruising speed (say at 75mph) and
then reset the computer, and it shows that my average speed is about 71mph.
Unless there's a flaw in the computer and how it calculates the average, I
tend to agree the spedometer is off.

I wonder which one is right, and if you can argue your way out of a ticket
by pointing out your computer display to the officer ;-)

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers