Trailer hitches?

Hi,

This might be directed more at GLX drivers than GTI drivers, but any input is
appreciated.

I want to get a trailer hitch for my '95 GLX.  Basically, I want to be able to
pull a small trailer to haul stuff (like wheels and tools to the race track!),
or a jet-ski...  I've seen several hitches for around $150.  But they only say
"Jetta", and don't mention "GLX".  I would normally assume that they'd work on
a GLX as well, BUT....

They also have hitches listed for Golfs, and they sayd, "Golf, EXCEPT GTI".
 So, the Golf hitch won't work on the GTI.  (I think I've heard something about
not enough clearance around the exhaust.)  My question is, will the "Jetta"
hitch work on the GLX, or is there a similar problem?

Furthermore, I plan to upgrade the exhaust to a Techtonics eventually, and
wonder if the whole trailer thing would still "work".

Finally, I HAVE seen a '95 GLX at boat ramp near my parents house, and it had a
big boat trailer behind it.  I got down on the ground, under the car, just to
check out how it all fit, but got a little self-conscious of lying under some
stranger's car, so I don't remember that much detail...

Any help is appreciated!
Dave