NO LOCKING GAS PIN!

At 2:00 AM -0400 8/20/97, ErikSD@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-08-19 22:17:27 EDT, kmk@pacificrim.net writes:
>
><< At 10:25 PM -0400 8/15/97, ErikSD@aol.com wrote:
> >In a message dated 97-08-15 04:03:18 EDT, kmk@pacificrim.net (Khan M.
>Klatt)
> >writes:
> >
> ><< 3. I didn't get a locking GAS CAP?!?! What the HECK? [my friend who
>drives
> > a Corrado has a pin that automatically locks it when the car is locked,
>and
> > unlocks it when the driver door is unlocked-- cool feature, mine doesn't
> > have it!?!? GRR! This should be STANDARD!]
> >  >>
> >This item was delted for '97.  I added it to my Jetta GLX.  Simple install
> >and not that expensive.
>
> I'm taking my car in for 5K service on Thursday-- how much did you pay? How
> long did it take? What's a reasonable price range to have it installed?
>  >>
>Well, I bought the parts myself wholesale for about 40 dollars.  You will
>need some vacuum line and a t-connector.  I have no idea how much the delaer
>would charge, but figure list prices plus maybe 1 hour labor (?).  E-mail if
>you have any more ?'s.

I just heard from my dealer that the parts and labor will cost $191 plus
tax. Seems like a rip-off considering this should be STOCK! I can't believe
it's NOT included.

What exactly does it take to do the install? Where can I find instructions?

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Applications Director,				    (360) 650-0442 x13
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.		     http://www.pacificrim.net
                                                   http://www.khan.org

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers