Re: VW door noise/Indicators/Screws loose/NO LOCKING GAS PIN!

At 11:20 AM -0400 8/16/97, Christopher DuBach wrote:
>>In a message dated 97-08-15 04:03:18 EDT, kmk@pacificrim.net (Khan M. Klatt)
>>writes:
>>
>><< 3. I didn't get a locking GAS CAP?!?! What the HECK? [my friend who drives
>> a Corrado has a pin that automatically locks it when the car is locked, and
>> unlocks it when the driver door is unlocked-- cool feature, mine doesn't
>> have it!?!? GRR! This should be STANDARD!]
>>  >>
>>This item was delted for '97.  I added it to my Jetta GLX.  Simple install
>>and not that expensive.
>>
>>Erik
>>97 GLX
>
>Erik,
>
>Where did you get the gas lid lock and are all the connections easy to get
>at.  I have a '97 GLX.

What I was talking about is an AUTOMATIC lock-- not a locking gas cap. If
installed, when you lock the car externally (and your alarm chirp sounds),
or while you're in your car and you hit the "lock doors" button on the
front panel, your gas cap should be locked, as well as your trunk and doors.

As Erik pointed out this behavior was deleted from the '97 models, but is
apparently easy to add again.

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Applications Director,				    (360) 650-0442 x13
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.		     http://www.pacificrim.net
                                                   http://www.khan.org

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers