Re: glovebox install

Even though it's not very big, I would still get it anyway because there
isn't a place to put the owner's books, maps, cd cases, etc except the map
pockets (where they are visible, might fall out, etc).  That cubbyhole in
the center console doesn't hold much.  The TSB warning about the
aftermarket glovebox is mainly to protect VW and its dealers from any
liability caused by installing it, since it isn't the US spec version (we
all know how suit-happy crashers can be).  Install it at your own risk (and
your passenger's).  BTW, have you (or anybody else) priced out a US version
from a dealer?  I can find out on Monday if you want.

- -Chris

P.S.  Today I filled out my soon-to-be-a-recent-college-graduate credit
application!