Re: Removal of the factory stereo support bracket

Don,

I need to remove the bracket to install a new Blaupunkt head unit. It's
a tad deeper than the factory unit.  Minus the depth problem, I think
this is going to be a totally "Plug and Play" install. The Blau is a
DIN/ISO unit so NO after market brackets are needed and from what I can
tell, even the factory wiring harnesses will plug right into the back of
the Blau.

Yeah, I noticed that the rivets on the support bracket go through the
heater duct. If I have to remove it I'll plug the holes with silicone
caulk.  Oh, the bracket seems to run around the right side of the heater
duct. Can you tell me how it's attached over there. I can't get a good
look at it, and I don't want to remove the four front rivets if I can't
get to the side.

Thanks,

Joe