testing SP-8000's

last monday night I picked up my new baby, a '96 GLX, black\black
leather. Gutted the airbox and installed my in dash cd player as soon as
I got home.

last tuesday, I ripped off those f'in GA'a in favor of Dunlop SP-8000's

last wed. I headed to upstate NY for the remainder of my vacation.

I put the SP-8000's through some nice twisty mountain roads - the
car stuck like glue- no squeals of pain- and an much more confident feel
than the GA's. Very happy with these tires, the best bang for the buck.

Riding on the highway I noticed the car was a bit out of alignment, so I
had that fixed today. Steering wheel is now on dead center, and the car
tracks straight at 80+ MPH.

Now its time to RE-install all the stereo stuff I yanked out of the GTI,
Yup another week of hearing my girlfriend whine.... :)

Jim
96 GLX :)