Re: tweeters

I don't think there is any way to exactly replace the rear tweeters
without modification.  The tweeters are really small and built into
their plastic housing, and any replacement speaker that is that small
wouldn't be worth a hill of beans!  I'd suggest looking for a tweeter
that comes with a recessed mounting kit, and cut the original tweeter
location to fit.

Sincerely,
Todd Taylor

P.S.  Since I've recieved this posting on the GTI discussion group, I'm
not exactly sure what the Jetta tweeters look like.  I'm assuming
they're similar to the GTI's.