Re: VR6 eat fuel?

The VR6, although a great engine, is not the cutting edge of combustion.
Being a 2-valve design the engine is not as efficient as say that of 4
or 5 valve design (there are benefits however, torque etc. etc.).  This
combined with a relatively small gas tank means that yes, you will be
tanking up more.  I have had the engine at 28mpg on the freeway driving
flat and level at 65 with no windows opens and no ac on.  But don't
expect to get stuff like this.  The engine just likes gas.  Look for
about 270-300 miles per tank.

Mark Radelow
VW Jetta Homepage
jetta.aosi.net