VW BS -Reply

>>> "S. Joseph Mann" <joem@pswtech.com> 07/31/97 06:33pm >>>

>One: The VR6 specs say that a quart of oil every "1000" miles is within
>tolerance.  If I'm not mistaken, that means you could possibly turn over
>the entire volume of oil in the VR6 between oil changes (7500 mls
>recommended by book) and it would be considered NORMAL!!!???

Hey Joe

I have noticed that my 1996 GLX consumes too much oil between oil
changes.  VW service did some half-hearted test of "oil consumption"
and, of course, came up with "No, no, it's all OK, that's how it's
supposed to be."

Sometimes I would rather have them say that they do not know what's
going on than to give me such BS.

Vojin