Re: Volkswagen sob stories (was)My '97 GLX joke (a long tale)

- ----------
> From: Christopher Morgan <cmorgan02@sprynet.com>
> To: gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com; jettaglx@igtc.com
> Subject: Re: Volkswagen sob stories (was)My '97 GLX joke (a long tale)
> Date: Wednesday, July 30, 1997 7:03 PM
>
> > rough idle
> > Rough engine idle
> > rough engine idle
> > engine idles rough
> etc
>
> Unless this is a definite miss, I think this is a "characteristic" of the
> >96 VR6s.  They can be "lopey" at times.  Once I was BSed by being told
it
> was the cams.  Horse-hockey!  I think it is either ignition, idle
> stablization, or intake manifold related and not easily fixable.   I have
> noticed this on most all the ones I've driven except they '97s.  They
seem
> better, but not perfect.

I'm not sure if this is common or not, but my idle on my 96 was very
smooth.  With the replace ment of the cams and manifold it has become
somewhat lumpy, cleary more than before.  I miss the smooth idle but am
happy with the benefits of the mods.

Ross Stuart
Surf Green