Re: Brake fluid changing...

> At first a felt a little miffed.  But then I read on:  "On cars equipped with
> the Teves 20 GI ABS/EDL system, Volkswagen's V.A.G. 1551 scan tool is needed to
> bleed the brake system.

This is what I thought.  So I took my GTi into my mechanic to have some
stainless steel brake lines put on.  He unhooked the old line, and
when he saw that the brake lines wouldn't fit, re-connected the old one.
I asked him about bleeding the lines with the Vag 1552 tool, and he said
he didn't.  The car stops the same as it ever did.  Maybe he didn't need
to bleed them, I don't really know.

Ross Stuart
5/96 Surf Green