Subject: The 1st Oil Change
Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at HP-PaloAlto,shargw6
Date:    4/18/97 10:28 AM

Anyone have a definitive answer on when is the best time to do the
first oil change? In Europe it is past 10K in Canada VW will not pay
until the car hits 7500km.  My 97 GLX has 5000km on it and the oil
looks pretty bad.

Should we trust that VW has our interest at heart when they came up
with the numbers or are they just saving money?