P-flo mod

Subject: Easy heat sheild

I just came up with an idea on how to make a heat shield for P-flows
easily and that mounts securely.

Go to the hardware store. Buy some round aluminum a/c ducting that's
atleast 2" or so more in diameter than the P-flow. Buy some flat
sheet metal aluminum, the insulation that's 3/4" to 1" thick and
silver on one side, some small screws and nuts and some epoxy.

Cut the ducting so that its 2" or so longer that the P-Flow, then cut
it lengthwise. Figure out how much you want covering the P-Flow and
cut the rest away. Epoxy the insulation inside the duct w/the silver
side exposed.

For the end near the MAF you're going to have to cut the flat sheet
metal to fit around the MAF and drill two holes that match up w/the
ones that mount the MAF to the P-flow bracket.

In the round ducting make a few slits on either end. Bend it up and
drill a few holes in that part. With the screws and nuts you bought
attach the round duct to the MAF cutout you made and attach a simple
cutout on the other end. Mount it and you're set.

I haven't tried this yet. I just thought of it. It would be very
simple to sandwich the insulation between two round ducts too. Also
you could encase the P-flow and have air hoses coming through some
openings. I'm not sure how epoxy will hold up to the heat, but it's
the best thing I could think of.