Re: Oil Changes

On Apr 10,  3:58pm, ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: Oil Changes
>      Just change the oil yourself.  The dealer will charge you $55 and you
>      still hear horror stories of Dealers screwing up.  It's really easy,
>      just buy a filter from your dealer ~$16 or mail order from timmons for
>      $10 for a factory filter, which includes the element, two rubber
>      O-rings and be sure to buy a new drain plug washer ~$0.20.  Should
>      take you about 45min and you will know it was done right.  Also be
>      sure to look in the manual for the amount of oil the car takes usually
>      4.3quarts.  I've had the dealer overfill mine with 5quarts.
>      good luck.
>      andy

The VR6 takes 5.8 quarts.  Originally, it was supposed to take 6.2 quarts, but
there was a service bulletin sent out saying that "it now takes 5.8 quarts".
 Also, look in the Bentley's manual.  It says 5.8 quarts.  (Yes, that's more
than most, but the VR6 isn't like most....)

David
anderson@msai.mea.com