Re: GLX on car and driver mag

Hey Mike,

Come see us again in two years when your precious Audi has depreciated
way faster than your payments.  I'll bet you really like that nice
"leatherette" interior (made from the hides of genuine Peruvian
Nauguas, I hear).  Let's not forget the blistering low-end torque
from that peppy little four-banger either.

Every car has its share of problems, and one only has to look at
Audi's ckeckered history to see that your A4 probably won't be a
winner in the cheap to maintain department either.  I've owned a
Porsche and my current "other" car is a 540i.  While both of these
will drive tight, little, hand-stitched, high-G circles around your
A4, they've both required maintenance, sometimes expensive, just
like any other mass-produced, mechanical device.  All I can say is
welcome to the club where all the parts are "hand carved by little
dwarves in the Black Forest out of unobtanium".

While you may have bought a car made in Germany, you've got a ways
to go in the $$$ department before you'll know what it's like to
own and drive a true German car, not something made by VW's equivalent
of Honda's Acura division.

- -> Paul <-  --who loves his new GLX, even though it's no 540i, but
              then again, I wasn't foolish enough to buy it expecting
              that it would be.