Subject: Re: Oil Changes
Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    4/10/97 3:07 PM

At 09:05 PM 4/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>My 95 GLX is due for its first non-free oil change (27K miles).  Is it
>worth taking it back to the dealer?
>Any suggestions on where to take it?  Are the stories about the "Quick
>Lube"  places as bad as they say?
>
>Thanks
>

>Jeff Waldman
>Data Networks
>Digital Equipment Corporation OGO1-2U12
>DTN 276-8018
>Outside 508-496-8018
>

>       Definitely take it to a VW dealer.  When you own a car with an
engine as sophicated and as well designed as a VR6 you should definetly have
a VW dealer work on it.  They will check out all the basics for you also,
when a "Lube Shop" will try and get you out in 20-30 minutes.  A VW dealer
can give you service that will keep a VR6 in its best running condition.  At
leasst this is the experiance I have had with my VW dealer.