Re: Still got the new car?

>If I remember correctly, you ended up getting a new Jetta...how'd that work
>out for you?

Hey Chip

Good to have the group back on-line.

Not only you remembered, but you remember correctly!
It worked out great - so far.  Just passed the 24,000 mi mark.  :-(  Still a
*blast* to drive.  New Pirelli P700z tires made it even better.  My friends
fight to get in a driver's seat during weekend trips or vacations.

Problems so far: CD changer croaked twice, but was replaced under warranty.
I suspected excessive oil consumption, so VW service started an "oil
consumption test" (measuring oil level every 600 miles).  Power door locks
act up occasionally, when not driven for a few days, and especially in cold
weather.  Service "could not reproduce the problem".

Vojin