Re: new member

On Mar 28, 10:37am, Eric Bosco wrote:

> Related to this, has anyone insatlled the white gauge faces ND sells. I'm
> really bummed VW introduce white gauges in the 96 and 97 models but I have
> the plain jane black ones. It looks like a tough job that might involve
> removint the steering wheel (not about to do that).

I haven't installed the face gauges, but I don't think it would be very hard.
 I've had a few gauge problems in the past, and since I know most dealership's
service departments are totally incompetent, I decided to investigate matters
myself.  You can remove the entire instrument panel as a unit fairly simply,
WITHOUT removing the steering wheel.  (There are instructions on how to do this
in the Bentley's manual - I suggest buying it.)  Once the unit is out, it's a
relatively simple task of removing the plastic cover from the instrument panel.
 (There are no instructions for this.  It's simple though - but you need a
small torx driver.)

David