"Rikki Don't Lose That Number..."

Can't recall who did a Ricky is like Manny comparison over the last few days - Mr Howe, perhaps? - but the idea's growing on me the more I think about it. Manny's significantly older chronologically, of course, and therefore less likely to grow up while IMO Ricky is a better rounded player at his chosen sport, but still...

Anyway, thought of our own enfante terrible/manchild when I read the new report below. So if the NBA has decided to target apparent efforts to create triple doubles, can annoying Mr Davis, by going retroactive as baseball did when they changed the no hitter rule, be far behind... <g>

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/acn3159594.htm

Sura's triple-double nullified
New York, NY (Sports Network) - The National Basketball Association on Tuesday nullified a triple-double recorded by Atlanta's Bob Sura during Monday's 129-107 victory over New Jersey.

In the closing seconds of the contest, Sura intentionally missed a layup and grabbed the rebound, his 10th of the game to go along with 22 points and 11 assists.

The NBA rule book states that "a field goal attempt is a player's attempt to shoot the ball into the basket for a field goal." The NBA ruled that Sura did not attempt a field goal and thus there was no rebound.

The league's decision prevented Sura from becoming the first player to register a triple-double in three straight games since Grant Hill accomplished the feat in April of 1997.