Tonight is a BIG night for the Playoffs

The Celtics, Sixers, and Cavs are all fighting for a playoff spot.

THE playoff spot--there's only one left in the EC.

Boston vs. New Orleans: the game we'll naturally watch most closely. The
Hornets lost their last two games, but the Celtics have lost two road games
they should have won to sew up a playoff spot.  The C's better come out
with fire, or this game will be over early.  We have four games left and
need to win at least two of them to guarantee making the playoffs, unless
Philly and Cleveland go 0-everything the rest of the way.

Philadelphia vs. Washington:  Well, the Wiz played it for us, they can play
it for them.  If they can take advantage of the lack of Allen Iverson, an
upset would be a HUGE boost to the C's playoff hopes.  Philly is two games
behind us, with four games left.  If we win and they lose, that would put
us three games ahead with both teams having three games left.  Philly would
then have to run the table and we'd have to lose every remaining game to
drop out of contention.

Cleveland vs. Miami: There's some irony here in hoping that the two teams
that just beat US will beat our closest playoff competitors.  If the Heat
defense can stop LBJ, the game is a lock for the Heat.  The Cavs are
currently three games behind us, with four left to play.  If we win and
they lose, that eliminates Cleveland from contention.

In order to ease the pressure, the C's ideally need to win tonight, with
the Cavs and Philly losing. Even if one of the other two teams win, we can
still beat them out, but it'll be much more nerve wracking if we have to
win two out of three games.  the good news is our final two games are at home.

So what does this mean?

It means that games against the Heat and the Hawks will be more exciting
than they have any right to be.  :>)

GO CELTICS!!!

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle