Re: It's very sad but ...

< Egg, you really think "that piece of crap" Pierce is on the block?
I know you and i may have different feelings about Danny, but, if
he can get what he got for Twan (whom I feel was the most
overrated player in the NBA without question), what gaggle of
folks will be coming to Boston in this trade?> -Lappy

Good morning, Lappy,

I miss our pleasant banter back in the good old pre-Ainge days
when posters were so much looser and you and I seemed always
to be on the same page.

So which team did you finally bet on?  Does UConn beating the
spread mean that all those oily, zoot-suit pit bosses will be
unable to afford their mistresses now?  What will this do to
the GNP (gross national product)?  Can't even buy a piece of
plywood here now under $5 per square inch as 99% of it
is being shipped to Iraq via Halliburton at $10 per square inch.

Who called Pierce "that piece of crap?" Certainly not you or me.
But then we are not the Celt's Director of Operations.

To answer your question, I have no idea what gaggle of folks
will be coming to Boston; I just know who Danny wants out of
Boston.  As usual, he is looking everywhere with a firmer grasp
of what dissenters he wants to rid our team of rather than who
he wants to add in their place.

Name an available starting Center or PF, no matter his style,
and you can be assured Danny is in the hunt for him.  Rumor also
has it that Danny is dangling Pierce in the Kobe hunt, and that he
has only been offered the #1 and Grant Hill's contract for Pierce
and our Detroit pick assuming that Orlando comes up lucky with
the #1. Orlando already has Howard and Gooden at PF so
will most certainly trade their Okafor pick... hopefully not to
us for Pierce.

Such idle speculation on what moves Ainge can and will make
is nothing but wasted list space until
1) The BAKER case is settled
2) The LOTTERY is held and we see what teams end up with
the first three picks.

Meanwhile, rumor has it that Baker is apparently at it again
which just might stave off our planned negotiated buyout.
After all, why do a compromise buyout if Baker himself
is now forcing the Arb's final Magna Carta to be in our favor?

Egg