Re: Assets vs. liabilities: McCarty vs. Hunter/Mihm

< Egg, where the hell were ya dieting? When I was whistling some
of your tunes here. I was left out there hanging. No support. >

Sorry I missed your posts, Dan, thus not lending my support
on such a vital issue in a timely manner.  Truth be I have been
unable to follow this list of late.  We recently returned home
from an extended stay in a 75 degree climate to flash floods,
freezing temps, and snow flurries.  We  are now desperately
attempting, amid said conditions, to get our hotel open for
Easter weekend.  And hey, Cecil, where's your reservation?
Bring your snow shoes; bathing suits not needed.  The only
indoor pool we have is where the recent torrential rains
seeped through a ceiling or two or three or four. It's not easy
opening up rooms while holding an umbrella over our heads.

Also, Dan, I have been hesitant to jeopardize my standing as
the list's favorite upbeat poster by addressing such statements
as:
    "Hunter is 100% responsible for Blount's improvement by
    tutoring him in how to block out and rebound."

How about considering that Blount arrived at camp as our most
improved player and that his minutes per game (and therefore
points/rebounds) doubled after the Battie trade.  And last I
looked, he was doing just fine without Great God Hunter in
the lineup to show him the way.

    "Hunter is purposely being hidden on the bench to assure
    that when Danny places him on the expansion draft list, he
    won't be taken."

Two problems here. If Brandon is that good why wouldn't
Carroll play him now, and why would Ainge then take the
risk of placing him on the expansion draft list?

    "Hunter is becoming our new team leader."

Based on what... a bunch of rebounds or wishful thinking?

    "We would have beaten Washington if Hunter had played
    instead of McCarty."

Even though Chucky, Marcus, Jiri, and Ricky allowed the Wiz
guards to have career nights as their team shot 56%?

Sounds more and more like Hunter should have made the
all-star team or at least be considered for co- Rookie of the
Year honors along with James and Anthony.

Egg