Re: Basketball rules

That's his POINT--he's wondering whether the rule should be CHANGED to
allow continuation on an assist, instead of just on a shot.  Personally,
though I like the idea, I think it would be too often a "judgement" call on
the part of the ref--and we all know how disastrous THAT'S been where the
C's are involved.

To some extent, the problem is already dealt with when a team goes over the
limit--free throws are awarded no matter how the foul is committed.  But
who knows, it might be interesting to consider.

At 07:01 PM 4/1/2004, Dan Forant wrote:

>Doesn't the continuation play just involve the shooter? Not the assistor?
>
>DanF

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle