RE: Looking for a center in all the wrong places

Wait a minute.... I know you didn't just compare Blount to Shaq, Duncan, and Garnett. So since you didn't just do that, I guess I don't need to reply after all.

From: "Pereira, Jorge M" <jpereira@xxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE:  Looking for a center in all the wrong places
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:29:58 -0500

From Jorge Pereira - Jpereira@xxxxxxxx

Trades and drafts are far from my expertise but from a common sense point of view I say we will not lose Blount come next year. He is the most valuable player we have right now in the sense that we cannot survive without a center and couldn't get anything close to his level if he left. Raef is overrated and expensive and not an imposing center, rather a mix PF/center. Mihm still finding himself.

I know this is a big jump in people's minds, but today (not in Obie time or developing time, today!) only Shaq and Duncan are better, Garnett maybe even. Yao getting there. In a speed up offense, only Duncan and Garnett would match him. For me it's a no brainer. Sign him as the top priority, even up to 10 million, preferably in the 5-8 mil range. Everything else is secondary.

Would you give up a Shaq or Duncan? That's what Blount could be when this team hits on all 4 cylinders.

Jorge

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp